View Single Post
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 10:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 205/161/140 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Wow, this has really hit home. I'm struggling right now to get back on plan after bouncing around since Thanksgiving.

Reading some of your wonderful posts made me realize that there's alot more going on with me than just lack of discipline. I started Atkins last summer in a panic because I had 6 weeks to get "thin" before my best friends wedding. I didn't get thin, but I did love this WOE. I stayed on plan and did great, lost around 30 lbs by the beginning of November and felt better than I had in my entire life. Then my husband left me for another woman.... hmmmmm. It was shortly there after that I started bouncing around. I haven't gained, but I'm not eating right either. Reading this thread made me realize that somewhere back in my head is this little record playing "well, I lost all of this and he left me anyway, what's the sense in keeping on, it doesn't matter...."

I think there's also some of the issues that Donald raised. Since then I've entered a relationship with a new man, things are going well, so now I've got that comfort zone to deal with too. I think that there's alot of "well, if he really loves me, he won't care if I get fat again, and it's only one bowl of ice cream..." <sigh>

I want to thank you folks for this thread, really making me think and listen to what's really going on in my head when I'm not paying attention ;>

Tamara