View Single Post
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 17:53

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 292/249/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Re: Self-sabotage: Why? How do you stop?

(From the Better Late Than Never Department: )

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriDoodle
They successfully lose, say, 50 pounds, but are still another 50 pounds away from goal. They fall off the wagon....big time....and experience a sudden loss of control that they once had.

Okay, Ms. Doodle, have you been reading my mind while I've been away from the forums these past three months? This is exactly what I've been going through lately. My god, it's been a real trial to get back on the plan, which is just SO odd considering I'd been so disciplined in my first year of doing low-carb. Where did my control go?

Well, humans are funny creatures. Let a few things go awry in their lives, and they tend to turn to food in an attempt to make themselves happy. That's me. And it's been SO difficult to come back.

The only thing that finally got me back on track was the promise I made to myself about a half year ago: "I will never...EVER...again let myself get anywhere NEAR the 264 pounds I weighed when I started Atkins." So, when you make such a vow in the midst of the heady rush you get during a really great losing streak, it's a very very sobering thing to step on the scale and see the number "220" appear between your toes when it had been telling you "198" a few months earlier.

The numbers are heading back down finally; I'm taking steps to fix things in my life so I won't have to go through this again. It's a royal pain!

-- Nicky