View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 21:48

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

I can't believe how timely this thread is for me. I am so grateful to all of you for being here. I have been LC'ing for one year now and for the last 6 weeks I have been struggling. I know part of the problem is re-kicking the addiction. I know another large part is my self sabatoge. I am afraid to be thin. I do not fully understand why, but I have a small inkling after reading some of the posts in this thread. I am afraid I will not be able to handle the re-action of the public and men in particular. Some of the comments I have already recieved make me wonder what in the world is going on. Who doesn't love positive attention? I wonder if I can resist all the new temptations that will head my way. I have been happily married for 29 years. He is my best friend and confidant. He would never understand these feelings of self doubt. I must find a way to learn to love myself enough to trust myself to feel what I feel and let it go.

My whole life is about to dramaticly change and I am afraid that I will lose myself as my identity is about to change. I am still what I do as opposed to who I am. This is going to be a very hard transistion and I am very afraid of what is coming.

thanks for listening