View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: CAD-Atkins
Stats: 155/148/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I've just been reading a few thought-provoking journals (Donald's, Karen's, Vel's, and tonnes of others I've read over the last couple weeks of being on this forum), and I've realized that while this forum is technically about "dieting and weight loss" it truly is about so much more than that. This forum reflects how we should think about our bodies and our selves - as a mesh of inner and outer, of the good and the bad, strengths and weaknesses - and our own personal roads to self-acceptance. That sounds a little odd in print, but in reading this forum, I've seen that eating right and coming to terms with my body and all its capabilities is central to understanding who I am. I know that my identity is more than my physical body, but my body's health is integral to the health and strength of my mind. I also know that feeling "whole" or complete as a person may never happen, but feeling good can happen! And I'm going to strive to do the things that make me feel as good as possible even if I'm feeling frustrated or down or tempted by chocolate . Just have to remember that there are a lot of things in life that make me feel good about myself and the world.
Wow (happy sigh).
Thanks.