View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:04

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

OMG! Some of you have some really heart-wrenching experiences that made you gain!

Like squeezle and surlymel, I know in my heart that I always had a quick and strong insulin response. Even as a child. As I told someone on this board- I think it was LC Sponge, I always ate healthy as a child. We had meat, eggs, cheese, veggies from our garden, but NOT that many carbs, and hardly EVER sweets unless it was someone's birthday. Because of this, I didn't have any trouble w/ eating and weight ( sounds like all of us LC-ers NOW, doesn't it?) Also, it was before techno- toys, we were poor, and we went OUTSIDE and PLAYED all the time, even into our teenasge yrs, we would get a softball game together!

Anyway, what my ramblings mean is, when I became an adult, moved out and discovered junk food, BOY did my body respond to THAT!! At first it was just 5 # or so over 5 yrs.(I'm very short), but it just kept coming on and after kids, it was like 170, and I am pretty CERTAIN I WOULD BE a LOT more than 155, if I hadn't spent all those yrs. STARVING and working out like a maniac. Which of course we all know backfires in the end and MORE comes on...... THIS is what happens from the insulin response. Although I never had a Dr. say to me what yours said, I had my mother-in -law on my back endlessly makin comments like I was no longer good enough for her son. Lucky for me HE never made comments like that(bless him). And a brother in law of mine said that "I must be really tossing back the groceries" (down my throat). That hurt. Little did he know, I was mostly starving.

YB