Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/177/135 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevangel
Welcome Karl

Rthornburg, absolutely NOTHING in what you've posted thus far to be at all embarrassed about. Those "blips" are perfectly normal! Everyone experiences them to a certain degree and women dealing with TOM more so than the rest of us. (About the only nice thing that can be said about menopause... ) It is also perfectly normal that the extremely rapid weight loss that some people experience when first starting LC does not continue! Everyone settles down to a slower pace of weight loss with those who have the most to lose generally losing faster (at first) than those who have fewer pounds to lose. The closer one gets to a one's healthy weight, the slower the remaining excess weight tends comes off.

Remember, tho we post our daily weigh-ins for support and accountability, the daily ups/downs don't really matter. What matters are the TRENDS that only emerge over time. After you've been tracking your weight for a couple of months, you'll see an overall downward slope toward your healthy weight. And that is what matters!

On any given day tho, there are all sorts of things that can cause a couple of pounds variation from one's "true" weight. TOM, a head-cold, strained muscles, a bout of diarrhea or constipation, etc. Even eating dinner a couple of hours later than normal can result in an extra pound of "apparent" weight on one's morning weigh-in.

Thank you! That's really encouraging. At first I was losing a pound a day and now I can't seem to get out of the 80's. It's just a little frustrating sometimes.

12/03 - 180.8
12/04 - 181.2 (TOM, first day. Super bloated.)
12/05 - 180.4
12/06 - 181.4
12/07 - 180.2

I hope I keep heading down! Tomorrow is official weigh-in day!