#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 16:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/165/130 Female 160
BF:
Progress:
Default So why me?

Hey everyone,
I've been trying to answer this question for a long time. So why me PCOS? Really? I mean, sure genetics and a poor diet can explain all the extra hair in every spot, the ancanthosis nigrican syndrome, and the weight gain (also not to mention the embarassing relationship process and low self esteem). But for the longest time, i always said so why me?. i can live with it, i sometimes told my self, i mean its not like its like leperosy, where i have to go live with only my fellow PCOS people. And i always fought against what other people said, "you arent trying hard enough to lose weight", and i would quip with "well you dont have PCOS!!! you have no idea how hard it is to lose weight!!" I would retort every possible excuse i had in my mind to make it ok that i had it, and that i didnt really care. Or otherwise i would constantly feel sorry for myself for having it. BUT, i realize now that if i dont take care of it now, it'll prevent me from having a boyfriend, let a lone a husband or children. It'll affect me in my job, (i mean whose not going to notice if you always wear full sleeve clothing and always leave your hair down and dont let anyone touch it!) So, i've begun on a bit of a crusade. I've looked around on this forum for quite a long time, and i finally have the courage to say that i'm going to start something that hopefully helps not only me, but others as well. From today, i've started on the atkins diet, started exercising, started metformin, and Tri-Luma, and some homeopathic medicine as well, so i can defeat or if not at least live with my PCOS. As crusading as i sound right now however, i would love your support, or heck, for even someone to try it with me. So why me? no, the question is "So what if i have it?!" I can live with it, even though it may be tough.

So...
Age: you never ask a woman that!! but, just so you know! 18
Starting Weight: 165 pounds
Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Goal: 130
Starting Date: today
End Date: well i guess there really isnt an end to this diet!!

I have taken several pictures of me for some before and afters later on. If anyone wants to talk with me about my little journey or see some of the pics then please feel free to email me at sowhatifihaveit~yahoo.com (a little corny i know but it goes with the whole theme )

I'll update my status in my diet (with pics) every friday or saturday. The last thing that i'd like to say that i'm so grateful for this forum, because it makes those who are alone in their disease, such as me, feel so much closer to others though just a click of the mouse.

Thanks
R.
Sponsored Links