View Single Post
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-08, 06:54
Registered Member

Plan: Evolutionary Diet
Stats: 170/137/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default CAD ain't working and I'm really sad about it.

I lost nearly 40 pounds on CAD about a decade ago and kept it off for over a year. Something happened along the way, not exactly sure what, but most of the weight came back. I think I got sick of the discipline, and started allowing myself weekly "free days" and that started my trend back up. Probably the underlying issues were related to stress. Looking back, I think if I had a support group like this, I would have weathered whatever was causing me to lose my focus. Since then, I have been up and down. Last year I lost 15 pounds on Atkins, (after trying CAD first and gained) but started a new job and zip, here I go again. I decided to give CAD another try because I had great results originally. I'm a lot older now (50) with bad cholesterol and higher blood pressure, hypothyroid (though I was before as well), hypoglycemic... many of you probably know the drill. I did a short Atkins induction on the New Year, lost a couple of pounds. But on CAD, I'm up two pounds, not losing, just like before. Could it be possible that there are some people that are not cut out for CAD/CALP? That would make me very sad. I am pulling out all the stops - eating only twice a day, careful CMs, balanced RMs, no cheese, one cup of coffee w/cream for 15 mins, etc. Any older CADders out there? Think age has something to do with it?