#18   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-13, 07:53

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojoj
and thats the bit that bothers me - these are experts and we're not. Surely they must have more understanding and ideas than we do - so if they or their loved ones get cancer, do they not look deeper, beyond the financial hype???

Yes, they are experts. In surgery, chemo, and radiation. So all that expertise is concentrated on BETTER surgery, chemo, and radiation. That's all we've been doing since the 1970's.

Honestly, that is how it works. I've known a couple of oncologists who tell me there's nothing more I can do and they quit and go into other fields. They don't get a wild hair and plunge into cancer research and come up with something better.

Their training has closed off their minds. Even if their own lives, and those of their loved ones, are at stake.

An interesting story, along these same lines:

Waaaay back, I got a new tackle box. Now, I don't fish; I used it for my makeup, and had for years. But this time, I wrote on the little card to send back to the manufacturer, and I told them that.

Well, nine months later, there are pink and purple tackle boxes with mirrors inside the lids all over the place. Remember? That was me.

They couldn't do it, because their expertise was fussing over tackle boxes. When they looked at it, all they saw was fish.