View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 19:51

Plan: Divinely Mine
Stats: 223.8/222.8/170.0 Female 5'8''
BF:
Progress: 2%

Considering I tend to get a bit of a swollen throat and tongue and bumpy roof of my mouth when I eat eggs, I put it under allergic reaction. But tomorrow I have an appoint with an allergrist hopefully he will do scratch the egg test on me. What is bad is I never know WHEN I will swell on eating eggs. I can be semi-fine on one meal, and not the next (even if it's the same meal). I think that I'm reacting so much to everything at the moment I never know what will set it off. Once I heal I should be better.

Hopefully. Currently I use no-egg powder. Doesn't give recipes the exact egg structure - but in some recipes it's ok. Use it with my chia muffins.
In her 3rd book she does allow protein powder occasionally if needed. Not a top choice, but allowable. You can have your pancakes. I actually put some pumpkin protein powder in my rice pudding this morning.

I use Metformin. Would like to get off it though - I don't think it's good to stay on. NOT that I'm suggesting anyone stop it. I just don't know if I need to use it - especially if I can get my levels ok with food. My family doctor is still impressed with me. I was very heavy and with a lot of work (very low carb and lots of exercising and herbal pills) I lost a lot. Still have 60 to go.

But with my diabetes I was able to come down from Metformin 500mg x 2 a day with uncontrollable levels, to Met 250mg x1 AND my blood tests come back excellent. His statement to me is he only has a few patients that have success on lower blood sugar levels BUT by having gastract (sp?) bypass surgery - not like me who did it the old healthy way. (NOT exactly how I did it)

Only thing that happened - I got very ill, and can't do what I did before, and have trouble maintaining very low carb and lots of exercising. Burned myself out - and now I suffer from that! Am taking care of myself now. But the weight doesn't appear to shift - at the moment.

Like Schwarzbein says - hormones have to be in balance. Health first, then weight comes off. Burn out need to heal. Weight will not drop much if body is ill. It's one reason why I like her books. The body does need some of those nutrients in rice and sweet potatoes and potatoes etc. Not in processed, refined man made fake foods. Just need to limit the carbs/protein, moderate fats.

I'm still learning so if anyone has more guidance.....