#45   ^
Old Sat, Jul-11-09, 17:59

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniriki
Welcome to Dr Schwarzbein's plan Ndelacourt. It a good one, sensible and steady, a good WOE for the rest of your life. Let us know what you think of the books after you read them.

Ginger tea as a sleep aid? I knew it was good to settle your stomach, but didn't know it helped calm you down enough to sleep. I will definitely give it a try.

After several sleepless nights I finally got a good night of sleep last night, and I did have some oats before bed. A yam or even a yukon gold potato sounds good, too. With butter, of course.

Haven't tried agave nectar. I know people use it instead of sugar and its supposed to keep your blood sugar steady. I recently read that it makes no difference if you use sugar, honey, or agave nectar, just stay away from high fructose corn syrup. I try to stay away from all of it, and don't use much artificial sweetener either. For me, it doesn't matter if the sweetner is natural or artificial, it still sets me up to crave more.

I'm going on a trip next week. I'm a little concerned about getting the right food while traveling. If I make too many exceptions and just eat like everyone else I wind up feeling awful, and I don't want that to happen. I'll do my best to stay low carb and gluten free. I'll be anxious to come back next weekend and read about how all of you are doing. Have a good one!

Hey Ann,

Happy to hear that you finally got some sleep...thumbs up for that carb... I'm with you on the sweeteners too, it doesn't matter what type it is it still sends me into a frenzy! Lately, I'm learning just to let the sweeteners go...occasionally using black strap molasses in my hot chocolate!

So far so good today, worked in the yard...feeling good... Hope everyone has a great weekend!

By the way, the ginger tea works for me...hope someone else finds it useful for sleep!

TJ