View Single Post
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 12:29

Plan: Atkins- whole foods only!
Stats: 240/240/155 Female 1.74m
BF:56%/56%/25%
Progress: 0%

This is a very interesting thread

South Africans mostly use the British words, so I was wondering if this sticky could be linked to by another sticky in the "Everywhere" forum? It would be very helpful.

On Fitday, and even in DANDR they only make reference to 10% of the cheeses one gets in SA. To get the correct carb grams I simply consult the Nutritional Information label and then load this as a custom food in Fitday

To make it easier for myself, I simply say 1 oz = 30g, and 1 fl oz = 30ml. Once you know how many ounces are in a gallong, it's all plain sailing from there. I think a gallon = 4 litres = 1000ml.

My biggest problem is with the recipe's on this forum. They often have ingredients we have never heard of before and that makes it a bit tricky Especially sauces etc. A good example would be the cheese chips as a snack. It needs to go on a specific type of paper before it can be heated up in the microwave. Now that specific paper (forgotten the word now) I have no idea what it is, or what the substitute word for it is.

I know that American Jerkey is very similar to a delicassy in SA, called Biltong. I have once tried Jerkey but it was a bit too sweet and rubbery for me And I'm sure an American wouldn't like our Biltong either