View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 18:43
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/292/150 Female 5 ft 8 in
BF:45%/45%/20%
Progress: 0%

oh, cool, Msk, thanks! I ended up buying The Fat Flush Plan cookbook yesterday, and got the Schwarzbein Principle Cookbook from the library too, along with several others. The meals look delicious. The basic principles of LC eating seem to be standard, with just variations on the amount of carbs allowed per meal. I'm a little concerned about the comments that some of you have made regarding hair falling out, etc., so I think at this point I plan to continue eliminating processed foods, anything with sugar or refined flours, from my diet, and follow the advice of several of these nutritionists like Schwarzbein and Gittleman of eating foods as close to the way they come naturally as possible. I don't think I can go wrong with that, no matter what. I've also read Andrew Weil's book and liked what he said, but found the recipes too 'glamorous' for my family's tastes.

I"m a little concerned about the Fat Flush Plan's low-calorie focus, so I'm ignoring that. If I don't eat junk and refined/processed foods, stay away from potatoes and breads and pastas, I don't see how I can possibly eat too many calories. I'm going to eat if I'm hungry, but only from LC foods. I like Gitterman's focus on cleansing the liver and using natural methods to do that. That much I'm incorporating -- using the flax, cran-water and lemon in water to help flush the lymphatic system. From other research I've done in the past, this is a very important thing to do, no matter what eating plan we're following.

I still want to pick up the SP book so I can understand the details of Schwarzbein plan. It wasn't at the library, and I wasn't sure if my budget could afford it this week. I am extremely impressed with her clinical experience.

It's all exciting -- To finally be taking action.

I've studied LC eating for several years, but I haven't felt like I knew enough to implement it in my life. Now, with so many doctors and scientists and nutritionists coming up with essentially the same results in clinical studies, I'm finally sure that it's the healthiest way for me to RELEASE the excess weight. It also helps that there are some really great cookbooks with meals that even my kids will eat!! I think that, more than anything, has finally sent me into doing instead of just knowing.

Anyway, thanks for replying!! I'm glad for this website.... so loaded with information and such wonderful, supportive folks. :-)

evergreen