View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 11:46

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Looking back, I started gaining in my late 20's and 30's. I am now 67. I was normal weight throughout my childhood and highschool. Gained about 20 pounds in college. I always thought I should have been thinner, but I was normal weight until college and into marriage number one. I lost weight on one of those hospital programs that you drank protein and stayed there until I remarried.....then I began to gain steadily....from 160 after marriage number one to eventually 267. This was slowly, over a period of 20-30 years, when I hit the top and finally began to lose it with Atkins. I had done Atkins years ago, and knew it would work for me. I have done well and done badly over the years. Right now I am again focused on losing and hope I can make it back down to around 150 or 160. If you look at those "Ideal Weight Charts" I should weight between 123 and 132. I doubt I will eVER reach that weight again. I weighed 130-35 in high school and felt thin. If I make it to 150 I will be happy.

I also think that my job, and the fact that I ate out most days played a big role in my gain. Lots of sitting at my job and not much exercise.