#4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-18, 14:03

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
What they seem to always fail to note is that when they're put on a low cal diet, they're also reducing carbs significantly, since they're automatically cutting out huge swaths of dietary carbs when they're cutting fat cal intake, just by cutting out things such as cake, chips, cookies, and candies such as milk chocolates, etc.

This is a good point, and it goes the other way as well. As many of us here - myself included - have experienced, eating LC really helps bring your appetite under control, to the point where you end up eating fewer calories anyway. It's really just about getting the focus right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
But as Dr Kar said, it still needs to fit in with the individual.

Also agree. There could be issues of food availability in some areas, people may have specific allergies or intolerances, religious or cultural limitations and so on. LC doesn't have to be the solution for all, but it certainly appears as a leading option for those who really need it. In fact, its scalability is one of the things I like the most about this WOE: the bigger the change needed, the bigger the difference it can make.

It's so great that people are making it to parliament with discussions like this. I'd totally be up for it myself someday.