View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 10:08

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

My path has been similar to Ken's. When I start feeling bored I spend more time on this site looking for new ideas (such as IF) and foods to try. For a while I made myself pick one new LC vegetable a week to try - jicama, daikon radish, fresh artichokes, etc. and search for different ways to prepare them. With butter on the table, they all taste good and some became new favourites.

I keep frozen blueberries in the freezer and measure out an amount that fits my carb limit, whir it in the blender with 2T water and have instant sorbet. Initially I added a few drops of stevia and cream, but now I like it plain and slightly tart. I do occasionally have a few bites of other fruits when I am out, but don't bring it home where it would need to be eaten up before it goes bad.

Everyone slips up sometimes, but to me, the most important fact is that in 2-3 days of Induction/ketogenic eating the hunger & cravings are reduced to where I start feeling in control again. No other way of eating does that for me - slips on other diets would send me on week, month or year-long junk-eating benders. Now I know how to get back in control quickly and don't have to give up anything forever, though I now find most of the things I used to think I could never do without don't taste that great or make me feel exhausted and not worth having again for a long time.

Getting enough salt, vitamins & minerals is important for energy. Too much or too little caffeine saps my energy, so through trial & error I found my optimal amount. Trying an elimination diet and adding foods back one at a time also helped me to find that certain foods (grains, dairy proteins, legumes/PB, flaxseed & eggs of flax-fed chickens, walnuts) sap my energy too. I now avoid them most of the time.