View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 01:11

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Books I've read, in order. Some of these I've since handed on to people I know:

The Real Meal Revolution (2015) Tim Noakes, Sally-Ann Creed, Jonno Proudfoot. A pretty good intro to LCHF; I devoured the whole thing the weekend it arrived.

The New Atkins For a New You (2010) Eric Westman, Jeff Volek, Stephen Phinney. I was curious about Atkins after I saw how similar the "Banting" diet promoted in RMR was.

The Art & Science of Low Carbohydrate Living (2011) Jeff Volek, Stephen Phinney. I ordered this online at the same time as the Atkins book, to save on shipping. My favourite LC book so far; to date, the only one I've read more than once.

What The Fat? (2015) Grant Schofield, Caryn Zinn, Craig Rodger. Basically a New Zealand-oriented version of RMR. Really easy to read, clearly targeted at consumers just starting out.

Why We Get Fat (2011) Gary Taubes. Ordered this on the recommendation of a fellow lowcarber, was not disappointed although by this time I didn't really need convincing anymore.

Good Calories, Bad Calories (2007) Gary Taubes. Basically a super detailed version of WWGF, or WWGF is a simpler version of this. Took me a long time to get through it, but worthwhile for some of the details.

What The Fast! (2018) Grant Schofield, Caryn Zinn, Craig Rodger. I just finished this last week after not having done much reading for a while. A nice consumer-grade intro to intermittent fasting.

Currently reading:

The Case Against Sugar (2016) Gary Taubes. This has been my background reading while I work through some other books at the same time. Still a fairly interesting history lesson in its own right, though.

Next on my list:

The Big Fat Surprise (2014) Nina Teicholz. Given my developing interest in LC advocacy, I should probably have read this one earlier. I do have it though, and will probably get stuck in soon, now that I've finished WTF.