Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 336/297/140 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davideb
I thrived on minimalist music when I was a child, didn't like any other kind of music and couldn't understand my peer that thought that music was boring.
I never made though any broad statement about my experience claiming that minimalist music was superior, that all children should listen to minimalist music, that since I was a child and minmalist music had a special meaning to me it's logical that it must have for all children but especially I didn't attempt to create any narrow theory based on my limited experience trying to use all possible and known to humankind rhetoric that state that minimalist music is the real music that humans are supposed to listen and it's way more healthy and natural than listening to both classical and rock or whatever.
That's what instead the dictator minds around me tried to do, you are a child hence you must listen to the music that other children are listening, because clearly you're a statistic not an individual so there's the music for children and then there are the abnormal children like you.

Well, I never became obese listening to music, that's for sure.

In reality, it's less of a concern for me what people thousands and thousands of years ago ate than doing what works. And what works is eliminating all carbs from my diet period. Sure, I lost weight eating 30-50g of carbs a day, but in the long run I couldn't maintain the discipline because I can't tolerate carbs and with the constant ingestion of carbs I couldn't break the aculturation as Bear calls it.

I've spent 30 days on an all meat diet and I'm losing inches, feel better, and have greater energy. Unlike any other time I've done low-carb I haven't cheated or eaten anything from vegitation. I've gotten only a couple cravings for sweet and starchy things and have none of the food boredom. In fact I can't wait to have the next steak. I don't think "aw, steak again", rather it's like eating steak again for the first time. I've really gotten into the raw steak thing to. Searing the outside and leaving the inside raw gives an even sweeter taste. I left my steak on just a little to long last night and even though it was rare, the inside was a little too cooked. Totally bummed me out.

Bear is correct when he mentions that carbs to an obese person is like alcohol to an alcoholic. Even just a taste leads me to abusing carbs again. After 30 days I don't want to cheat and break my accomplishment thus far, whereas previously I would do stupid things like not eat carbs all day and then eat a Hersheys bar because it's 20g.