#128   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 21:08
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Outdoor jog/walk at a school track
Duration: 132 minutes (10K time - 74 minutes)
Distance: 9+ miles
Effort: Jogged a full 10K (6.2 miles) at around 5 mph. Walked a few laps to warm up and 3 miles following the jog to cool down.

The point today was to complete a 10K jog if I could. I did. I did not push myself at all. I did not pace myself with my phone app. I just ran a slow jog with the intent of making it to the end. The first mile and last 0.2 miles were the fastest paces. Mile 3 & 4 I was jogging at a better pace than mile 2. I tired during mile 5 & 6 and it showed as those were my slowest miles.

I was surprised with my respiration and heart rate. I was never gasping for breath or maxing out my heart rate. That part of today's workout was great. I certainly could have pushed harder. Strength, speed, and longer strides need some work. I was tired by mile 5 and it took some determination to keep going. Future workouts will include some sprints, jogging hills, and running a shorter distance (2 to 3 miles) at a faster pace.

The 74 minute 10K today was pretty slow. I ran the race 3 minutes faster than that 2 years ago. But as I said, I did not push the pace today. I have 8 weeks to go before the Richmond 10K. I'll try another practice 10K in a month or so. I'll push a litter harder on that one to gauge where I'm at.