View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-17, 02:29

Plan: Paleo/Keto
Stats: 195/200/190 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hormonal damage from going too low carb?

First off let me say I'm not longer following a low carb diet. In December I started a variation diet of paleo/anti Candida. I was barely eating any carbs....maybe 10-30 grams a day depending on what I ate, and was eating a huge amount of protein and fat. I'm a 30 year old male and was just looking to lose some extra pounds, clean my gut and just be healthier.

About a month into the diet (mid January) I started feeling really bad out of nowhere....fatigue, brain fog, anxiety, thin skin, feeling really cold. I continued the diet for about another week but my symptoms were progressing and new ones were popping up. Since then I've been having extreme bone/joint pain and cracking, very bad insomnia and constipation, my total body is dehydrated (everywhere) and I'm having excessive urination.

One strange thing about all this though is I didn't lose any weight or size on the diet, but now I'm looking very lean and trim as I've lost fat and water weight the past few weeks....but I feel like absolute hell. I've gained weight since stopping the diet but it seems like muscle and I haven't even worked out in 3 weeks.

I recently read about how going too low carb can cause thyroid/Aromatase/adrenal/genetic issues on some people....and I had already had hypothyroid issues in the past, as well as a family history of pituitary disorders. I'm not sure exactly what is going on and neither can doctors, all my blood work I recently took is in 'normal' range. A few weeks before the diet I had started taking vitamin E mixed tocopherols, a vitamin B complex for methylation, and vitamin k2. I'm really scared right now as is seems my body is literally falling apart and in pain 24/7.

I'm hoping anyone can shed some light on this? I didn't have much knowledge about side effects of low carb diets going into it...now I'm so confused and scared. Any info on the matter would be extremely appreciative.
Sponsored Links