Thread: Confused
View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Apr-27-15, 12:20

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Hi Thomas, I'm just your age, and I'm impressed with your results in such a short period of time. I'm guessing from your posts that you also can be categorized as a Type A personality in that you expect to take actions and get results ASAP! I can relate. Since this is truly a journey, it takes a bit of time for results to manifest themselves and for you to become resolute that what you're doing is the right approach for you. I wanted to lose weight immediately, but what happened when I became very serious about LCHFKD (KD being Ketogenic Diet) in June of 2014 was a complete change in mental clarity, extremely positive blood lipid marker results, the ability to wean myself off of high blood pressure meds working closely with my doctor, and ultimately losing about 30 pounds. As mentioned by others, some diabetes and HBP meds (beta blockers) can slow weight loss, but I can attest to the fact that they can't stop it! Shedding weight for me has come in phases, and I'm now comfortable with that, as I know what to do to get where I need to be. Fact is I was pre-diabetic and the fortune is that my desire to lose weight and gain health has me now off of any path towards T2 diabetes. Yes, I now have a way of eating that I will embrace for the long term, but I'm completely adapted and can stay consistent whether I'm on business travel, at social events, or any number of scenarios where food is presented. I now think this lifestyle is easy (never would have thought that in the beginning) and the reward for this is constant positive feedback from day-to-day living.

You've received some excellent advice on this thread, so I can't add anything else other than to say enjoy the journey. The rewards are there for you!