#65   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 20:02

Plan: Curves eating plan
Stats: 186/152/140 Female 5'8'
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholian8
A significant percentage of strength increase, especially for women, is what's called "neural adaptation." What this means is simply that your nervous system learns to be more efficient as it directs your body through the lift. Your lifting mechanics get better. And even a tiny improvement in neuro-muscular coordination can produce an impressive jump in strength without actually adding muscle.

Tholian -
I think my body is adapting. I did squats today for the 3rd time. Previously, I was doing 3 sets of 8ish but today I could get up to 12 on each set and I was only struggling on the last couple reps of the 3rd set. My body feels more comfortable thoughout the motion which was a limiting factor before. Now I just have to focus on keeping my weight over my heels - my feet keep wanting to raise onto my toes. (I find I've been more comfortable not using heel lifts - now my feet just have to get the message!)
I think I'll use just the bar one more time and see how I feel. THen I think I'll be able to add on some weight! yay!
I did find that my lunges suffered after doing more squats. hmm... now my lunges just have to catch up! (and boy, do I hate lunges)