View Single Post
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jul-17-15, 15:42
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Whoo-hoo! Good to see you both! Before I get all caught up in typing I just wanted to mention that I saw a comment on facebook that someone was praying for Lanson and Linda's family. I have NO idea what happened but hope to hear from her soon. Baseball injury? I do hope everything is okay and she isn't stressed to the max. I know how I'd feel.

Kathy, I really think that somewhere there is a combination that will help you get over this hurdle. I can't imagine the struggle, but your attitude and tenacity are to be admired. Really, what can you do? If you just give up we know the outcome and that isn't good. If you're anything like me, you slam on weight faster than a speeding bullet or Superman leaping tall buildings in a single bound. I didn't eat myself stupid but those pounds hunted me down and jumped all over me anyway, the little ~#$%&s!

Ronchin, I've had so many years of just giving up and I know the outcome. Four-year-old Blue takes over now and then only because I let her. I have a choice how I face it and facing it is ALWAYS the better option because I can't go back to where I was. I like where I am and I just need to get the rest of the way done. You are closer to goal and that's not an easy place either. C'mon and let's just work at this. Unfortunately it's a never-ending exercise. It's part of life. I captured good memories with my spree in Kentucky. What I have to do now may seem hard but I'll like myself so much more. I found out that's my reward.

You know how some people buy themselves something they've always wanted after they reach a goal or milestone? I think that is a wonderful thing to do. But that carrot on a stick never worked with me. Heck, I'd just buy what I wanted anyway. But I ultimately found my carrot. It's waking up and liking myself for being true to myself. Yeah, nothing feels better.

I'm not smart. I just tried everything first and finally got to a place I made progress. You have it in you too. I'm sure of it.

You can friend me on facebook if you want. Message me here and I'll let you know how. Warning: You'll see pictures of my cats, treks we take periodically, sometimes my artwork, and generally anything that crosses my brain. I'm fixin' to (that's a southern phrase I've picked up along the way) post pictures from our trip to Kentucky. It was so flamin' humid that I had Einstein hair for most of the trip. It's a good thing I'm not vain. Okay.....let's say I'm not overly vain. I do have some pride somewhere.

I'll make a deal with you. I'll ease up on the stink eye if y'all post more.