#5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-16, 15:23
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

March 13 - copied from my journal

It's official. I signed up for the 10K, along with my 2 daughters. I'm glad they are both doing it so they can run together if they want to. I told them that I plan on doing the race at my best pace. They can run ahead or be left behind. We can meet up at the finish line.

About the workout yesterday... The jogging part was not fun. It was work. I had to dig deep and find that competitive spirit to do what I did. I'm feeling it today. Nothing major, though. My calves & hamstrings are sore and I don't have much spring in my step. Today is a casual walk day, for sure. My daughters and I are headed out to the track in a few minutes where they will begin preparing for the race. I will happily walk slow laps for the duration.

In my early 20's I did a lot of jogging. I learned to enjoy it. There for a while I didn't consider my day complete if I didn't get a good workout in. I don't know if that will happen for me at my age. I may do it just long enough to do this one race. I do enjoy walking, though. I enjoy it in much the same way that I did enjoy jogging all those years ago. If jogging does not become something I enjoy doing, or if I find that injury and pain are a problem at my age - then I won't continue doing it. It will be an interesting experiment. So far, so good.