View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 00:24

Plan: Medifast (it works!)
Stats: 203/149/150 Female 5'11" (71 inches)
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbbarb
Hi Mel!

I love Trader Joe's. You can go to their website for the exact addresses. I know there is one in Sun City.

There is a thread here on this forum somewhere where everyone wrote what their favorite products were from TJ's.

And if you want great prime rib, go to Claim Jumper. They only serve it on Fri, Sat. and Sun after 4 PM. It's GREAT!

Welcome to AZ!

Barb

Barb, Though I couldn't find that thread, I did find a Trader Joe's off Bell by the 101. Thanks for the suggestion -- I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! Grocery store prices for health food store products?? Unbelievable!! I guess I just needed to get out more, but in Colorado and Wyoming they don't have stores like TJs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRob
I've lived in Phoenix since 1993. I LOVE IT! There is always something to do here and if you get tired and need a break you've got mountains to the north, Mexico to the south, the Pacific Coast to the west, and uh, more desert to the east (sorry New Mexico). I find LC'ing here very easy. Lots of restaurants and grocery stores to choose from. You can find just about anything.

Rob--what stores do you shop at? I wish I could find a one stop shop -- when I lived in Colorado it was King Soopers. They carried Kroger foods, so I tried Frys, but I didn't like their selection at all. So, I go to Walmart and Safeway (and, now, Trader Joe's) to get all the different stuff I need.

We like it so far. We live at the very end of W. Greenway, literally, in Surprise. We look out our front windows and see the beautiful ragged line of the White Tank Mountains. Almost reminds us of Colorado. Just add some snow capped peaks. Subtract all the weird looking plants and dangerous desert critters. Divide the crazy temperatures in half. And, TADA! Arizona would be just like Colorado.