View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-17, 10:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/140/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 91%

I just want to check in and thank you all for your encouragement.
I met my goal in July of 16 and have managed to maintain my goal "size" without too much drama.

At first when I met my goal, I panicked! All kinds of scenarios about regaining flooded my mind. I had met my goal, now what? I was so used to having a weight loss goal that I didn't know what to do with myself. I went up and down for a while, read every book and article i could find on maintaining and generally made myself confused, crazy and stressed out.

Finally I came around full circle to just doing what i had been doing all along to lose the weight was the answer to keeping it off. DUH!!

I realized that I just needed to set new goals and not allow myself to become complacent with my health.

I still do not weigh. I have slacks that I like the fit of and know that if they look good, not too tight, not too loose, then i am doing o.k.

I actually prefer to eat LCHF. I do have little indulgences now and then, and am able to enjoy without going overboard. LCHF makes me feel better and doesn't set me up for cravings. I also practice intermittant fasting but never go a full day without a good meal or two. (or three).

When I keep my focus on my health instead of focusing on my weight it is easier to resist the temptations that bombard us every day. In the end, that is what really matters. Feeling better and maintaining the best health possible.

Interestingly, there are times that I'm sure I must have somehow put on 10 lbs or so, I feel SO fat. So I go try on my slacks, sure that I won't be able to even get one leg in them, and lo and behold!! They fit fine. Just goes to remind me how my mind likes to play these little games with me. (If I were weighing every day, as almost every article or book on maintaining recommends, I'm sure I would be in the loony bin by now).

So, DO hang in there, in the future your struggle to meet your goal will seem like a blur, and won't feel like it took as long as it seemed at the time.

I think of all of you regularly and send my good wishes that you will have success in your endeavors to meet the goals that you have set for yourself.

Never give up! Never surrender!
Keep on "turtleing" along. You WILL get there, and I'm still right there with you.

Sharon