View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 01:55

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

Hi Kay,
I can understand you're disappointed when you compare our speed of weightloss with what's in the Atkins' book, but believe me, the first time I did it, in the seventies, it really went as fast and as easy as he describes.
Later I read somewhere about the "golden shot", i.e. your metabolism isn't a machine and cannot automatically be put into the same diet mode and react the same every time.
When I had lost all that weight the first time, it stayed right off, until the doctor gave me tranquilizers to cope better with the illness and death of my young sister-in-law. Those pills made me gain back 20 pounds in 2 weeks and took away my determination to stay on Atkins. So in the course of time I gained it all back and a lot more.
The second time it went a bit slower, but still, it worked great. I was end thirties then and didn't even have a scale, but went by my clothes and it went fine. That was when I lived in Australia, and when I came back in the Netherlands, I was so stupid to not want to hurt people and say no when they offered me cookies etcetera, so there I went again.
In January 2002 I started the Radiant Recovery Program, and with that I lost 6 pounds or so in 10 months' time, with a LOT of hunger.
So then I decided to give that up and I swithed to Atkins in November. I feel much better and never hungry anymore, only when it's time to eat and that is so great! No more strong mood swings either, but that may be thanks to my hormonal condition which is hopefully balancing out a bit by now.

Wow, this has become a lot longer than I intended, hope you still know what I wanted to say, i.e. that Atkins told us the trutch, but maybe at that time he didn't know that you can only do it with a lot of fast success when you do it for the first time. But still it is a healthier way of life, and we WILL lose weight when we persevere, and in such a nice way, too <g>!

a happy weekend to all,
cheers
Willeke