View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 07:20

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Many moons ago in another life I had the opportunity to go to St. Croix several times on business. This allowed some "pleasure" as well, including restaurant meals at nice places. There was one restaurant that served alcoholic ice creams and they were delicious. I dont remember the concoctions, I just remember ordering one every single time I ate at that restaurant. They were very strong and likely had a rum lean since thats the liquor of the Caribbean.

I liked them BECAUSE you could taste the alcohol! Then again, I'm a heavy drinker (AKA "Alcoholic")...even cheap vodka tastes good to me!

This is one of those things that experimenting with is not a huge risk, because the worst case scenario is a runny ice cream or a hard ice cream...chances are anything we sensibly come up with will be tasty either way and we might get lucky and hit the Goldilocks formula..."just right"!

I made a cherry ice cream version of Buttoni's recipe last night. It was delicious, but I think in the case of frozen cherries, using 2 cups, or basically the whole bag of frozen cherries would have been best. I used only half the bag of cherries and the flavor was mild (cherries are a very mild flavor compared to raspberries and blackberries) and the ice cream didn't set well after 30 minutes in the freezer. The second servings are in the freezer for a full hard freeze, we'll see how those eat tonight or in the next couple days. Adding the whole bag or 2 full cups of cherries would have added more "frozen" up front and amped up what is a mild flavor to begin with. We still lapped it up, after 6 months of no ice cream because almost everything out there is high carb (even the no sugar versions), its a real treat, even when its imperfect.