#40   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 12:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 214/195/145
BF:
Progress: 28%
Unhappy

Thank goodness...some other hypo folks! I've low-carbed before, then plateaued and thought it just wasn't for me...gained weight on a 'good nutrition' program, and am back on Atkins again. Just saw my Endocrinologist today...am stablized at 150mcg synthroid/10mcg cytomel, but she thinks losing weight will be an uphill battle for me! I started back on Atkins 3 weeks ago, and dropped 6 lbs. in the first 2 weeks...nothing since. I'm working with a personal trainer 1x week and exercising 3-5x weekly, my cholesterol is 159, glucose 90!!! so I know the program is excellent for me healthwise...but I want to prove my dr. wrong and lose 50 lbs. I need an 'old timer' who can help review what I'm eating to see if I'm getting stuck with 'hidden carbs', etc...I want to be 100% on this wol, but am not sure about many things. If any of you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it...especially those of you with the same medical problems who have been successful. Hope there is someone out there who can lend a hand...and good luck to all of you who are in this situation (hypothyroidism)!!