View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-17, 17:09

Plan: Keto Diet (LCHF)
Stats: 267/220/180 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%
Thumbs down A1C of 12.4%

An A1C of 12.4% is what my doctor tells me I have from my blood test. He actually did not tell me, but rather had one of his nurses call me and read a card saying I have an A1C of 12.4% and I need to go pick up prescriptions that the doctor sent to the pharmacy.

So, without any instructions, I now have a glucose monitor, some pills to take and I am supposed to be injecting myself with insulin (which I did not buy yet)

The thing is, that everyone I tell that I have a 12.4% A1C says they never heard of such a thing. I immediately started a LCHF diet to help with the problem and I have been monitoring my glucose for the last couple of weeks. It has been between 90 and 130. Nothing like what I would expect from the A1C of 12.4% now that I have started reading about the subject.

Should I demand another test, or accept these results as reasonable? My thought is to go to the doctor and say this does not make sense to me, can you explain what you think is wrong, redo the A1C and explain how you think I should manage the disease.

Does and A1C of 12.4% make sense with those glucose readings on a LCHF diet?
Sponsored Links