View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-23-01, 10:43

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi people!
I agree with Yogabuff, you can only control what is in your house. The kids are going to eat candy and goodies when they are at friend's houses or going down to the store, the movies etc. I have selfishly not been buying the junk, because it becomes a temptation for me. I will buy them ice cream once in a while and bake them cookies every so often. But not like I used to. I used to make sweet treats several times a week. So--I don't expect to change their diet as drastic as I have changed mine. But they do benefit with the food I do buy--more salads and more protein available. Before this way of life I would only buy meat maybe once a week. Can you believe that? Now I need to make sure I have some daily. So they benefit. I still eat the same kinds of meats, mostly chicken. But my kids "require" rice or potatoes with their meal. I don't worry about that. It's mostly the excessive sugars and empty calories I'm trying to cut down in their diets.

My kids are 22, 17, 13 and 9. The nine year old is the only one that has extra weight. So I'm trying to watch what he eats for breakfast and dinner. I admit I let him have the school cafeteria lunches at least 3 times a week. They send a menu home, so I select the ones he WILL eat. But when I do send his lunch, I always make sure it's whole grain breads, meat and cheese, lettuce sandwich and a piece of fruit. Much better than most kid's lunches. I've never had the money for all the processed sugary snacks most kids bring to school. Victoria