#13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-07, 01:30

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 000/200/000 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceberezin
CVH, it's not a problem of making a choice, it's a problem of making an intelligent choice. People cannot make an intelligent choice about statins if they don't have the information that statins are useless in preventing heart disease.

Hell, most doctors don't have that information either. Recently, my physician told me she didn't like my LDL numbers. I explained to her that the issue was not LDL, but LDL profile. She agreed with that, but said that since we can't know the LDL profile, it is better to lower all LDL just in case. She did not have the information that LDL profile A, the larger particle, is correlated with low triglycerides and high HDL. Since my triglycerides were 47 and my HDL was 85, I figured I didn't have a problem. My physician just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, I guess I can't get you to take statins, then." They can't see the information when it's right in front of them.

Ok, Let's say Mr. A, has "bad" cholestrol and went to see his doctor, which means he must have money or some sort of medical plan and means to research medical info, now the doctor says take statins, eat lower fat, he does. Nothing happens, they give him more statins, do more changes etc...etc...etc....

Mr. B, has bad cholestrol went to see his doctor, same scenario, but instead using the same means available to Mr. A, he researched nutrition/cholestrol and decided to not take statins and focused on nutrition/exercise.

People have more than enough information to make an intelligent desicion, but the problem is that most of them are not or choose not to, who's fault is that? Merck?

And even your example proves that when providing them with the right info, they still choose to ignore it, I can't feel bad for someone who has all the right pieces yet is too dumb or lazy to put them together.