Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessMess
12 pounds to lose, wish me luck!

Jess, matey, you are still worrying me about your weight. You don't say what you presently weigh, but you have assured me in the past that you were trying to gain in a healthy way.

Originally in this thread, you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessMess
I'm 17 yrs old, 157cm and weigh 36kg. At the beginning of the year I was 45kg (the largest i'd ever been) and felt i needed to lose some weight. I read in a magazine somewhere about Atkins and decided to try it but i never actually bought a book or found out the specifics of the diet. Unawares i avoided ALL foods that contained carbs and fat (even the 'healthy fats') and lost alot of weight and became quite sick. I went to the doctor who told me i was displaying symptoms of anorexia and put me on a plan of weight gain (1kg a month). Now i still follow a low-carb diet but include foods such as cheese and nuts etc. I just want to say to all those who suffer eating disorders that your life is just too precious to waste, follow a low-carb diet by all means but PLEASE make sure you stop before you lose too much weight. Now i follow Atkins to maintain a healthy weight and enjoy the benefits of eating more fruit and vegies.

Everyone of you is special, be healthy but don't risk your life!

So at 5'2 you weighed 79 pounds less than 5 months ago. Do you really, really "need" to lose 12 pounds? I am worried about you, lovey. Please, discuss this with your doctor.

Rosebud