View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Sun, May-05-02, 22:33

Plan: Atkins-Gastric Bypass
Stats: 285/178/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 79%

John, you have me a little concerned. Let me explain. I know that if you are, in fact, bipolar, then you will have a tendency to want to come off your meds when you are going through the manic phase. (Who wants to bring themselves down when feeling great). But this is a double edged sword because it also prevents the depressed times from getting so bad. Only you know whether this is what you are doing, but please talk to your doc about meds. Wouldn't want it to cause more problems down the line.

I think if you can control your cigs to 2-4 a day, and your drinks to a minimum that is great, but is that really what you can do? I could not do that, but always wished I could. Just be watchful of the "just one more" syndrome. You know, when you are sitting there and reflect on the fact that you have already had four cigs, but just one more, you can have just one more......you can handle it........same with drinks.

Keep us posted on your progress. I still have not lit up, but I did bum a puff the other day. That is just too scary, cause I liked it too much. Three or four a day would never satisfy me....

Starting back on induction tomorrow, so wish me luck.