Thread: New member
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-18, 15:47

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Thanks for the explanation. I worry sometimes (perhaps needlessly) about Hubby's A1C... in part because he HATES testing his BG and doesn't do it at all regularly anymore. He has become so confident that not overdoing carbs will keep his blood sugar in check that the only time he does a finger-stick is if he eats something that he isn't sure how many carbs it contained! So he probably only tests about twice a month! Other than that, he just relies on his A1C's which, so far, have continued to be excellent.

I' worry tho that without more regular testing, if his BG starts to drift upward, we won't know till he finally gets another A1C done. And since his doctor is also convinced hubby has this totally under control, he's only ordering an A1C every six months now! So, IF hubby's BG starts drifting upwards despite adherence to LC, it could be months down the road before we know and by then some of the damage will have been done! I guess maybe I'm just a worry-wart but that's what we wives do.

So sorry to hear about your migraines. I used to get them regularly but they stopped completely after I went thru menopause... the ONE benefit I can point to from getting older. A friend of mine finally discovered (at about age 65) that her migraines were triggered by caffeine! Hers stopped almost completely when she gave up chocolate, coffee, tea and anything else containing any caffeine.

I mention these things to you only because even if we're genetically prone to migraines, there is probably something (or more than one something) that triggers them. One can always HOPE that by discovering your triggers, you can eliminate or at least reduce the frequency of your migraines. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I don't use it but this forum has a place (My P.L.A.N.) where one can log everything one eats. I think most people who use it, use it to track their macronutrients and calories etc for weight loss purposes. But, I'm wondering if you could use it for logging WHAT you eat and then correlating that with when the migraines come on. Maybe you might see some kind of pattern that would point to a food trigger. Just a thought.