View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-17, 06:26

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Personally, I think I have the right to be misled. Or at any rate, the right to lead me doesn't come from the sort of credentials handed out at the end of the Wizard of Oz.

“Human beings evolved by eating this way for hundreds of thousands of years,” the authors say.

Quote:
“In fact, humans have only been eating an abnormally high quantity of carbohydrates (bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, fruits and sweets) for about four decades.”

This bit is funny, though. 1)low carb/ketogenic diets work, demonstrably so. 2) But they're off at least ten thousand years, for many of our ancestors. For most of us, our ancestors didn't eat carbohydrates so we shouldn't either is demonstrably false.

This doesn't mean that we should eat carbohydrates. It's just that the reason those of us who shouldn't eat them shouldn't eat them is that we get good results when we don't eat them.

If we make claims we can't support, we're liable to spend way too much time defending the unsupportable, too little time working to our strengths.