#44   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 09:04

Plan: CKD/Carb Cycling
Stats: 240/231/220 Male 5'7"
BF:19.7%/15.3%/10%
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
FenwayGuy, just jump into threads with both feet. Doesn't even matter if it's an older thread. Sometimes those need resurrecting!

I, too, do better with less fiber and fewer veggies. If I eat 30 grams of veggie fiber I get horrendously constipated. If I drop it down to 15 or less, I'm fine. Don't need to go every day, but that's ok, too.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome BawdyWench . BTW, I love your Username. Your avatar tells me that you are one fun person to be around!

Mr. Monastryrsky, author of "Fiber Menace" would concur with you. If you are not "going" everyday, so what. He would see it as proof that you are digesting everything completely. Protein and fat being reduced to, in effect, nothing. It has nowhere to go, literally. On the other hand, the very definiton of fiber is that it is "undigestable carbohydrate". Let's think about that. The end product has passed through your entire system without being digested properly.

And yes, BawdyWench, I have done the same as you in the past. Started to go crazy on broccoli and bran muffins (the bad high carb, low fat days!), and felt terrible. The C word reared it's ugly head at that point.