View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-08-09, 06:08
Registered Member

Plan: LC & Pregnant :)
Stats: 283/205/120 Female 4'11"
BF:WAY TOO MUCH!
Progress: 48%

Ahhh, Ladies! I feel like I'm home! I'm Kelli, age 30, and have recently been diagnosed as well! What a mess. MommyofTwins (sorry....don't know your name), you are such an inspiration! I cried when reading your story. Although my childhood experiences weren't exactly like yours, it was so similar that I felt like I was reading my own story! My hubs and I have been TTC for the past 4 years. Our problem isn't so much the conceiving (although we've never used any form of BC and have only conceived once each year), it's the carrying. I have had 4 m/c's in the past 4 years with no explanation until my last m/c about 6 months ago...PCOS. Apparently more than 50% of all PCOS pregnancies end in m/c, so I thought I was just going to be one of those people who never had children. What a heartbreak! I was devastated. But the doc started me on 1500mg of Glucophage (Metformin) XL....man did it KILL my stomach!... and put me on a LC diet to see if my insulin levels would correct, thereby helping my hormone levels regulate, etc. And voila! At my last appointment in April, they were NORMAL! Woo-hoo! I've never felt better...and am down almost 50 lbs since January. So, I've decided to make LC a way of life from here on out and become as healthy as I can be. Clomid is an option for us, too, M.O.T. but I haven't tried it yet. I've got to get heathier (for me) before we TTC again, but I just wanted to let you know how much your story encouraged me!

Meg and MissBubble....nice to see you on this thread, too. I'll definitely look into the iodine thing. I'll take any help I can get on this journey! :P