View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 13:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/266/180 Male 72"
BF:
Progress:
Default This forum is a lifesaver

This is my third day, and I've been doing fine, until tonight.

I had lunch about 12 today, corned beef (0 carbs) and about 5 or 6 grams of salad carbs with it, and full fat mayo squirted all over it, it was great, a decent sized plateful, not massive........but after it I felt stuffed and satisfied, and still do 8 hours later

But a couple of hours ago the mind games started, I was desperate for doughnuts, or biscuits, or chocolate......all the crap I used to eat! but the thing is I'm not hungry in the slightest

This went on for the last hour or so, but I was hard on myself, you know, going through all the reasons I shouldn't, seriously I was 5 minutes away from jumping in the car and going to the local supermarket to stock up on that sh** again.

I came back on the forum to try reading a few posts, I came across one explaining how these high carb/sugar foods are just an unsatisfying drug, I re-read it and started thinking more about how true the post was, now I'm happily back in the right frame of mind, still not really hungry, but I might have some cauliflower cheese later tonight and that'll keep me going till lunch tomorrow (I've never been a morning eater)

I'm following the basics of Atkins, except for the bit that says don't skip meals, I'm following the advice of 'Butter Bob'.....(search for him on youtube if you haven't heard of him). His advice on that particular subject sounded more sensible to me, the 3 meals a day thing that we all know is a relatively modern thing, about the last 80-100 years, his advice is not to eat just because its a certain time of day, only eat when your hungry.

But back to the really bad carb/sugar cravings, surely I'm not the only newbie climbing the walls with it......how long do I have to put up with it, before the switch in my head goes on, and I no longer really think about it
Sponsored Links