View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-17, 10:34
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Wow... I'm a firehose of food ideas, hold out your teacup.

Where to start? Lately I'm into fish, salmon mostly. I coat it in mustard garlic aioli from Trader Joe's, sprinkle with dried parsley, bake at 400 for about 12 minutes. It is really good cold on a salad. It is similar to Nordstrom Cafe's Salmon Nicoise salad.

I have an amazing chicken recipe with garlic, roasted tomatoes, marjoram, EVOO... so yummy.

Salads using bagged mixes, adding pecan bits for a little crunch, olives, some form of meat.

Boiled veggies? Who does that?!?!

Get a spaghetti squash and a mallet and a big knife. Whack the knife carefully through the squash. Clean out the seeds. Bake at 400-425 until soft. You can treat it like spaghetti, or you can just eat it with butter and salt (my favorite).

Buy an "Instant Pot" and make stews. Lately I've been making stews with cut-up chicken breast or thighs, Berbere spice (spicy!), cut up veggies (I usually buy them precut at Trader Joe's). Then, when it is done I add a dollop of peanut butter (the kind that is just peanuts and salt) to each bowl. So delicious!

Poached a whole chicken and pick the meat off the bones and use for salads or soups.

Wow... so much food, so little time.

I don't use gums either. I've thickened stews with egg yolks, there's a technique to that. Or I puree some veggies. Or I just cook down the liquid.

Net carbs cheating? I don't think so. The notion is that fiber goes through without being digested or metabolized. I suppose our bowl bacteria do digest it somewhat.