View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 22:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/310/185 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I have AN and I just figured it out after 33 years

I thought i was the only person in the world with a "dirty" neck. I remember vividly my two aunts scrubbing my neck in disgust with alcohol(I still feel my neck burning from being rubbed raw). I felt like they thought I had not bathed when I was perfectly clean. I will never forget that feeling of shame.

I have been so embarassed by the discoloration on my neck for so many years. I am a light-skinned half African American and Native American female so the discoloration really is distinct. I wear my shirts buttoned all the way up to the neck(which is quite hot in the summer time). I only just figured out what I had by searching the net---I was shocked and relieved at the same time. You know, it finally had a name. I was only discouraged by the hoplessness of the treatment or cure---none really. Losing weight COULD help---or some acne medicine called Differin might lighten affected areas slightly--I just want someone to tell me that there is something that can be done to "free" me from this prison. I just want to wear a nice necklace, or a tee-shirt for goodness sake. Help.