Old Fri, Jan-14-11, 05:37
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB2
Does anyone know if wearing a blindfold would help with the effects of light? I like having some light in the bedroom in case it's dark when I get up, and it seems easier to wear a mask, since I could take that off if I need to get up.

Similarly, I've worn ear plugs a few times and that seems to help with sleep, so am wondering if anyone's experimented with covering the eyes?

joe

I can sleep until it's really light with a sleepmask. My sleepmask is black and lets in no light at all. Ok we do absorb light through our skin aswell, but this makes a dramatic difference to my sleep. Using a sleepmask will reduce the amount of light that might disturb your sleep.

I tend to sleepwalk if it's pitchblack, something to do with not waking up properly from dreams, so I have experimented with light in the room etc. The only light that doesn't adversely affect my sleep is a dim nightlight in the hall where a tiny amount of that light seeps under the closed door, enough to orient me if I wake at night.
Hope that helps. Go for it. Yes to the earplugs aswell - give yourself as much help as possible to not be disturbed in your sleep.

Remember, before we were more civilised we used to sleep in caves and have always slept under shelter which would probably have reduced the effects of starlight etc.