#357   ^
Old Thu, Oct-29-09, 07:55

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB2
Does anyone know if wearing a blindfold would help with the effects of light? I like having some light in the bedroom in case it's dark when I get up, and it seems easier to wear a mask, since I could take that off if I need to get up.

Similarly, I've worn ear plugs a few times and that seems to help with sleep, so am wondering if anyone's experimented with covering the eyes?

joe
I asked the exact same question quite early on in the thread (post # 193), and was given quite an interesting answer by TS Wiley's husband (post # 213)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
post # 193
However, my thought is this ~ wouldn't moonlight/starlight have meant that it wasn't totally dark at night for our ancestors either??
(I can't remember if this point has already been touched on here, so apologies if I'm repeating it).

Which leads me on to why we should need to sleep in total darkness now (as well as making sure that we do not expose any part of our skin)? - I'm just wondering if something as simple as wearing a sleep mask would be sufficient for the purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nraden
post # 213
Ask yourself this question: How do blind people's bodies know when it's night or day? The answer is that light enters your body from your skin, not just your eyes. There was a study at U of Chicago where they had two groups in total darkness. One group had a small fiber optic light shining on the backside of one knee. The control group didn't. The group with the light had significantly higher insulin levels than the control group.