Old Fri, Aug-14-15, 10:20
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
I think you just always thought it was about your weight, but thin people have the same kinds of injuries - they are just less likely to attribute it to weight. And they are just as likely to gain a pot belly from overtraining. I've seen it a million times. I don't run long distances anymore but it's because of a nerve thing I inherited from my mother, not any injuries related to my weight. I mean, I was never athletic and don't have an athletic build at all. I know women who compete at very high weights and never develop an injury at all, in really strenuous things like Ironman triathlons. I do believe it's way more about an individual's physiology than carrying extra weight. In weightlifting, extra weight is rewarded, in fact, as in many other sports.

Sorry but it was my weight. I'm not going to argue this point with you. This is what happened to me. I've played since my weight loss and its been a very different experience for my body. My body was not meant to carry that much excess weight and it had trouble holding up under it. Before I lost, I also walked for my work daily. I had lots of hip, back and foot pain. It was a struggle to get through my days. I've been walking all these almost 10 years since I lost and nary a pain. So yeah, I attribute it to the weight.