#5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-17, 15:55
Registered Member

Plan: Loosely Atkins Diet
Stats: 272/253/220 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Food results

I posted most of the food experimentation so far on a new thread in journals on this site:
My Journal
It leaves out the extra rambling I do on my twitter, as my twitter is more of a real diary for myself to help me catch patterns and problems in my diet as I go forward, as well as a cathartic stress relief to help motivate myself.

Thanks again, as this is what I was looking for from my post. Rather than reinvent the wheel by trying all the exotic combinations and "sub'd recipes" to find out they taste horrid (already found out from experience that "cheese chips" and Atkins website "chicken strips" are horrible IMO), I could see what others have tried and tested. Seeing what peoples' go-to low-carb "comfort foods" are will help me save money and time on experimenting with it all myself.

I will still experiment and post my results in my journal on here, but mainly for other newbies, as well as long-term dieters to get some idea of what are truly good "substitute" recipes and other good options for meals. If I was having to eat grilled chicken breast everyday, or plain tuna, I would fail within a week. Also, if I stuck to the stupid idea that Almond flour can sub normal flour with little change to the dish, I would be quite aggrevated with my current recipe results.

As for the noodles, I paid $2 a bag from a large Vietname/Asian grocery store in the "Vietnam-town" of Houston. They also have the equivalent of a Sam's Club where you pay under $10 for a membership to avoid paying $3 extra every visit. My dad gets pretty cheap beef loin from there. I must check if they sell bulk Shiitaki noodles.

What are you paying for them now?

Also, what city you near? I may be able to google for something like they have in Houston.