#13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 21:46
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

~thud123

I had a finger stick to get blood out of me once. It hurt worse than all but one of my gallstone attacks, my finger swelled up, turned black and blue, and I couldn't use it for most of a week. And it was done by a nurse who presumably knew how to use the thing. So, nope, I haven't tested my blood sugar!! My doctor always tests me for diabetes when she gets blood out of me and I'm always on the brink of hypoglycemia though.

I'm not sure I've ever had a physical? I did have a bunch of blood tests this summer, but nobody called me so I guess they were normal, that or they got lost in the confusion during the wildfires. I think I mentioned the blurred vision to her, but I'll mention it again next time I see her to make sure she knows.

Oh my god, I feel like an idiot. But salt really is magical! I had some killer headaches for a while and I discovered the best cure for them was a shot of nice salty soy sauce. Horrific, but effective!

Thank you! I cut back on the carbs today and didn't notice my vision blur, this is a good start!

~GRB5111

Is there any meal plan that allows you to have lots of smoothies? My jaw is really tender and I hate cooking, but it seems like all of the ones I looked at are heavy on the meat and veggies.

I'm already very consistent in how I eat though, the only meal that changes day to day is dinner? And why is peanut butter a problem? Virtually all of my carbs come from my smoothies to be fair, but the vast majority come from the frozen fruit, there's maybe one or two grams in a tablespoon of peanut butter? (Sorry if I sound defensive, I'm just confused!)

Thank you, I need some luck!

~teaser

I never heard that one before, useful information to have!

That's exactly why I cut grains from my diet actually! I found that when I ate trail mix instead of popcorn and ditched rice I was almost never hungry anymore, I ate because it was time to eat. Since carbs don't satisfy me I thought I could cut them further without missing them, look how that one worked out!

Do you really think it's possible that I could've been hypoglycemic for weeks, even months, on end? A lot of it sounds bang on right, except I don't see the muscle pain mentioned.

I don't have a glucose meter and the thought of using one makes my blood run cold, I can't imagine inflicting that level of pain on myself. I really am curious to find out what blood sugar is doing but good god. I don't know how diabetics can stand that kind of pain multiple times per day, let alone use their hands afterwards.