#65   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 06:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/175/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareli
Need to exercise? Get a dog and walk it. Once the dog becomes accustomed to a daily walk, he/she won't leave you alone until you've taken him/her for a walk. I speak from experience. I have two older rescue dogs, and they follow me around, looking at me expectantly until they get their walk. Frankly, they drive me nuts until I can't stand it anymore and finally get their leashes. They truly are people observers: if I put jeans on, they expect it's walk time. Chapstick is the final and most certain clue that it's time for a walk. I often don't want to walk them, preferring to be lazy or do other things, but I always feel better after our walk and I thank them for making me do it.

WOW! I must have the mate to your dogs. He has his day all planned out before we get up. We had our first walk at 6am. He is now sleeping! After lunch, he goes to the park whether you like it or not. Then before bedtime ... another walk. He can also tell when I am going out by my actions, and if he can't go, he pouts. I will say that I had a knee replacement a year ago, and credit my dog with getting in my exercises. We walked rain, sleet or snow, and now I don't even have a limp. Thans pup!!