View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-11, 06:16

Plan: Paleo eating
Stats: 267/234/180 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress:

Hi, I just joined so excuse me for weighing in, but I spotted this thread and wanted to respond. I actually left Radiant Recovery about a year ago as I was also unhappy with the way it was run and the way I was personally being spoken to. I was told time and time again that my problems were due to my husband being abusive when actually I was ill with gluten intolerance. I knew it was physical but I was told again and again that the plan works and if i was doing it as written and not feeling "radiant" then the problems must be somewhere else. My experiences there over 10 years had a significant detrimental affect on me psychologically, which I have now moved on from, although I did learn a lot too.

I don't have any regrets because without PNP I very much doubt I would have even realised I was gluten intolerant, let alone found paleo which is what I am now doing. I still use some of the principles I learned there, and it has helped me understand how my body works. So I still will suggest reading PNP to people, but yes I would not recommend getting deep into the RR community as I did. I left when I started (with her encouragement) learning about co-dependence, and realised the person I was most co-dependent to wasn't my husband, but in fact was her and the brainwashed RR clones!

I have met her, and I know that really she is all about wanting to make others' lives better, despite how it sometimes seems. But her style and the way she has decided to operate things with the program and RR, are very unhelpful.