View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-30-01, 17:48

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi there,

The one thing I can say is that your friend won't do it till she's really ready.

THIS SAID: if I were you I'd suggest doing a milder version of this low carb diet to start. ie: Carbohydrate Addic Diet (CAD). It is a little easier to do when you first start because you have a reward meal every day as opposed to being on a strict diet all the time. After a little while, and especially after she sees the numbers go down on the scale, she could go on the Atkins or which ever LC diet suits her better (if she chooses to change).

The Met sometimes helps people lose weight. But the big reason you get on a low carb diet is to help the underlying problem which is the insuling going out of wack in our bodies. Your friend should try low carbing for at least that reason. It's like taking met to try to get better... you eat this way to get better. The BONUS is that you lose weight and feel great!!! Tell her she should maybe try it for a month and see if there are any changes or if it makes her feel better. Chances are it will.