Old Sat, Jan-02-10, 11:02
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark91345
Wow, if two years of consistent success is not enough to convince others, then nothing ever will be.

Nevertheless, it really goes to show the degree to which the belief in low-fat, high-carb, calories-in/calories-out has affected us.

FYI- I am now 4 yrs into my maintenance of having lost 120 lbs. There are still those around me in my real life, that refuse to get it.
I've gotten tired of trying to convince them...it does get old after this long. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at times.

The cycle of 'go on a diet, lose some weight, then revert back to old eating habits and regain'....is endless. The proverbial yo-yo'ing.....that was me for many, many years.
Until I came here and began to see that it is a way of eating for life....that I needed to adopt it that way and not as another diet...or I'd be forever on the yo-yo.
Until people are willing to see this ...I can't/won't waste my breath on them any longer.

I've got one friend, who swears by her Jenny Craig diet food. She gains and loses that same 20 lbs over and over again. She spends an hour on the elliptical daily, to burn off her poor eating. Exercise bulemia much?